Thursday, February 4, 2010

Weekend Outlook



If this prediction proves accurate, this storm will drop between 12 and 20 inches of snow on Baltimore between Friday afternoon and Saturday evening. Regardless of the severity of the storm, I will complete my weekly quota of mileage, including a smattering of intense running. However, it is unlikely that I will have the opportunity to complete a track workout in the near future, considering the the snow from Saturday's and Tuesday's storms has yet to melt.

The best I can do at this point is have faith in my training, listen to my body, and remain flexible, diligent and responsive.

Yesterday, I attempted a lactate threshold workout (tempo) in the Pikesville neighborhoods. Using my car's odometer, which is not the the best too for measuring running routes, I estimate that I covered 3.55 miles in 20:00, thus averaging 5:38 per mile, a pace I should average for a tempo that 105% longer. Taking terrain, snow, and weather into consideration, the results are not devasting, just disappointing and frustrating. I know I'm fit, but I want data that only a track workout or a race can provide. With more snow in the forecast, I'll have to be patient. Tomorrow, I hope to complete an LT/Vo2max hybrid workout, consisting of 2x10:00 @ LT pace followed by a series of 2:00 or 3:00 intervals at Vo2max effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment